MessOfAReader

Home is here the Bookshelf is

Hi, so I love YA and Jane Austen. I have a Kobo and its name is James. I'm from Brazil and I really don't know what else to say.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Milan Kundera, Michael Henry Heim
Talented - Sophie  Davis So, this was the first book I received from the author in exchange of review about it. The story seemed interesting and I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. I always was into dystopian, since I read "Brave New World". And I absolutely adore The Hunger Games trilogy. But, this book was kinda cliche. The main character, Talia, was annoying, immature, silly and I didn't like her at all. Her boyfriend was a… well, I can't describe it. I hated him from the very first page. The whole thing that lead to the "Talented" is absurd to be consider nowadays . I mean years a go, when people didn't know what radiation could do, it was ok to say that it gave super powers, but now, after Hiroshima e Nagasaki, Chernobyl and that leaking in Japan, and no one showed up with powers yet, it didn't seem plausible. The only thing good about this book was Erik and Henry. They were funny, handsome and lovable characters. The food descriptions sounded a lot like the Hunger Games to me( and apart from the Hunger games, where Katniss described the food because she didn't have much at home, Talia had no reason to love food so much and describe it in the smallest details.) The book ended in a cliffhanger, but it didn't make me want to read the second one, because it seemed really forced, just to make me want to read the next.